Tax Prep FAQ
Do you have questions about our tax preparation services? Click on one of the links below for answers to many common tax questions. If you have additional questions, call or visit one of our branch locations.
- What should I bring to have my taxes prepared at Courtesy Finance?
- Can I e-file my return at Courtesy Finance?
- How quickly will I receive my tax refund?
- How much does it cost to have my taxes prepared at Courtesy Finance?
- What are Courtesy Finance's hours of operation during tax season?
- Does Courtesy Finance have a referral program?
- Where should I look if I need to contact the State of Federal Government about my return?
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Card / ITIN / ATIN
- Last Year’s Tax Return
- Valid Government Issued Picture ID - (State Issue ID, Drivers License, Passport)
We also need various Income Information and Tax Documents to prepare your taxes. Income Information and Tax Documents includes:
If you plan on taking Deductions or Adjustments, we need a copy of those expenses. Deductions and Adjustments include:
There are also various Tax Credits for which you can apply. We need information regarding those tax credits when we prepare your return. Tax Credit Information includes:
- Child Care Provider/Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Adoption Expenses
- Retirement Savings Contributions
Can I e-file my return at Courtesy Finance?
Yes. At Courtesy Finance we will prepare your tax return and electronically file it with the IRS. E-filing is the fastest and safest way to file your tax return and to receive your tax refund. According to www.irs.gov, over 80 million people filed their taxes electronically in 2007.
How quickly will I receive my Tax Refund?
Courtesy Finance offers a variety of refund products that allow you to receive your tax refund as quickly as you like. A brief description of our most popular products (RALs and ERCs) is below.
- RAL - To receive the amount of your tax refund within 24 hours, you can get a Refund Anticipation Loan or RAL. A Refund Anticipation Loan gives you money based upon the anticipated amount of your refund, in most cases, the very same day your return is e-filed.
- ERC - If you do not need your money the same day, we also offer Electronic Refund Checks or ERC’s. Electronic Refund Checks are available 7 to 14 days after filing your return and are picked up at the branch where your tax return was prepared.
For a full explanation of all of our refund products and tax services, please call or visit one of our branch locations today.
How much does it cost to have my taxes prepared at Courtesy Finance?
Our tax preparation fees depend upon the complexity of your return and vary by location. For a FREE estimate of your tax refund and tax preparation fees, call or visit one of our branch locations today.
What are Courtesy Finance’s hours of operation during tax season?
For your convenience, Courtesy Finance offers extended office hours by appointment during tax season. As always, we are open Monday - Friday from 10:00 AM until 7:00 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, but if this doesn’t work for your schedule, we are happy to schedule an appointment with you outside of our normal office hours. Please contact the branch nearest you to schedule an appointment or for more information regarding hours of operation.
Does Courtesy Finance have a Referral Program?
Courtesy Finance offers a generous referral reward for each new tax customer you send to us. Here’s how it works: you send a friend or family member to Courtesy Finance and they let us prepare their tax return. You’ll receive $20 for every new customer who uses Courtesy Finance for tax preparation†. There’s no limit to the number of new customers you can refer to Courtesy Finance. For more details on our referral program, contact a branch nearest you.